1. Discuss guidelines for Christians to follow in choosing music.
2. Name and identify six different musical instruments.
3. Make a poster or collage showing the above instruments.
4. Name three musical instruments mentioned in the Bible.
5. Demonstrate how to play a musical instrument.
6. Learn two songs and play or sing them.
Play in a rhythm band or participate in making music with family or friends.
1. Would Jesus listen to this music? Does the music glorify God in Heaven? (Leader should read Messages to Young People, pages 292-296, and share concepts with Adventurers.)
2. Piano, trumpet, clarinet, cymbals, flute, saxophone, etc.
3. Make a poster or collage including favorite instruments drawn or cut from magazines.
4. Exodus 28:33, 34: bells
I Kings 10:12: harp
Isaiah 30:29: flute
I Chronicles 15:16: cymbals
Isaiah 5:12: clarinet
Numbers 10:1-10: trumpet
5. Practice and play a recorder, kazoo, harmonica, etc., OR piano, violin or other instrument the children are learning to play. Make this fun, using simple instruments for those who may be less musical and yet can enjoy a joyful noise.
6. Learn two new songs together and sing or play them for others.
Use rhythm instruments or kitchen utensils to make “music.” Play together and practice to play for others.
Wiki Teacher Helps:
Note: There are tons of teaching tips and ideas that are part of the Busy Bee Program Guide.
The Busy Bee Leaders' Program is available from AdventSource:
The Busy Bee Activity Book is available from AdventSource:
Busy Bee Order page at AdventSource