New in 2010
- What is the definition for baking?
- Describe ways to be safe in the kitchen while baking.
- Define the following baking terms: batter, beat, coating pan, cream, dough, fold, preheat and stir.
- Name at least 8 utensils that are used in many baking projects?
- Read four stories in the Bible where baking was mentioned.
- Who does Jesus say He is in John 6:35? Discuss how this is important to you.
- Bake two items of your choosing.
- Baking is preparing an item by heating it in an oven at the proper temperature. (In baking food, there is a change of liquids into solids through a chemical reaction. In order for this chemical reaction to occur the proper combination of ingredients, in the right proportions must be used for the desired outcome.)
- Always start by washing your hands with soap and water. Begin with a clean counter and utensils. Have an adult in the kitchen at all times. Demonstrate how to be safe in the kitchen by adding other suggestions.
- Search the internet or look in a cookbook for additional terms.
- Mixing bowls, measuring spoons, measuring cups, mixing spoons, rubber spatula, whisk, baking pan/sheet, pie pan, cake pan, rolling pin, parchment paper, cooling rack, mixer, sifter, etc.
- Genesis 12:20, 18:6, 19:3 NIV; Leviticus 9:31 NIV; 2 Samuel 13:8 NIV; 1Chronicles 9:31 NIV; other stories.
Wiki Teacher Helps:
Note: There are tons of teaching tips and ideas that are part of the Sunbeam Program Guide.
The Sunbeam Leaders' Program is available from AdventSource:
The Sunbeam Activity Book is available from AdventSource:
Sunbeam Order page at AdventSource