1. Tell a friend about Jesus and how good He is to you.
2. Invite a friend to a meeting at your church.
3. With adult help, prepare a devotional or a prayer to be given at Sabbath School, a club meeting or school.
4. Visit a shut-in or older person from your community. Take him/her a picture or card you have made.
5. Tell why you should be kind to animals.
6. Attend a baptism and discuss what it means.
7. Explain what it means to be a friend of Jesus and name five of Jesus’ friends listed in your Bible.
8. Be able to say a prayer at mealtime and one at bedtime.
9. Speak kindly to your family and friends. Discuss how being kind to others is also being a friend of Jesus.
Help children learn to verbalize their love for Jesus and to share that love with others. Pray simple prayers to show their love for Jesus.
2. Encourage the children to invite a non-SDA friend. Discuss how they can be a good example by sitting quietly in church, walking softly, whispering only, singing, kneeling for prayer, being kind, etc.
3. Show the children how to prepare a simple talk or prayer. Keep it age appropriate, encouraging their own ideas.
4. Visit shut-ins and have the children take something they have made to them. The shut-in may be an adult or child. Help your children realize that caring for this friend of Jesus is loving Jesus, too.
5. Teach kindness to animals, as in regular feeding, clean water, handling carefully, speaking softly.
6. Explain baptism, that it was Jesus’ example for us, and attend one. Read and share My First Book About Baptism.
7. Children may list disciples or other friends such as Mary, Martha, Lazarus, etc.
9. Jesus knows our thoughts and actions. Be kind as Jesus was.
Wiki Teacher Helps:
Note: There are tons of teaching tips and ideas that are part of the Sunbeam Program Guide.
The Sunbeam Leaders' Program is available from AdventSource:
The Sunbeam Activity Book is available from AdventSource:
Sunbeam Order page at AdventSource