- What is a talent?
- Look up and read two verses in the Bible that talk about talents.
- According to 1 Corinthians 10:31, who should receive all the praise for your talent? Why?
- Make a list of your talents.
- Select one of the talents identified and share that talent as a group or individually.
- Play a talent game.
- A talent is a special natural ability given by God.
- Romans 12:6-8, Matthew 25:13-30, James 1:17, 1 Peter 4:10-11, 1 Timothy 4:12.
- God should always receive all praise for everything, including our skills and abilities. Because God created the world, God is supreme owner and we worship Him in all we do out of our love for Him.
- A child’s talent might be praying, singing, friendship, crafting, instruments, helpfulness, caring, telling a story, etc. Make a consolidated list of talents for the kids to see.
- Ideas at club meeting, church, Sabbath School, nursing home, school, etc.
- Google for ideas.
Christ Object Lessons pages 325-365